LILY BRAISER WITH CHISTERA LID & TRIVET ICE BLUE – 40508-806
Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the top choice for chefs and home cooks alike. Rooted in French culinary heritage, Staub’s renowned cocottes are timeless pieces, perfect for casual meals or sumptuous suppers. The Essential French Oven with Chistera lid is the latest star in the cast iron collection. Like Staub’s signature flat lid, the domed Chistera lid has excellent self-basting properties. Usually, a convex lid causes condensation to fall to the sides. The innovative, Chistera drop-structure lid solves this problem by putting a twist on traditional spikes. Moisture cascades from the whole lid. This continuous basting guarantees delectable roast chicken and braised short ribs.
What inspired this original design? Basque pelota players use wicker basket chisteras to scoop up balls and hurl them quickly. Under Staub’s new lids, the chistera-shaped curves gather condensation to shower moisture upon the delicious dish that simmers inside.
- Set contains 23cm cast iron trivet
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven-safe up to 900°F/482°C without lid
- Lids are oven-safe up to 500°F/260°C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops including induction
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Made in France